Monday, August 20, 2012

Finally! geez...

So it's been while since in've done any art making.  I guess taking a ton of photos on my Holga counts, but not really.  I have finally mustered up some courage to attack and revive my art making skills.  I also got to use my beautiful easel for the first time.  Yippee!  I couldn't find a photo of my own to use, so i found a painting by Jennifer Anderson who i think is amazing.  I don't think the color is the best on my drawing and its a bit skewed too.  However, i think i did get the sculptural part f the head down, which usually is a bit tricky for me.  Capturing pale skin is extremely difficult, mastering any skin color is pretty difficult actually.  But alas, here is my attempt:

almost finished







pastel on rives bfk,  10.5" by 14"

No comments:

Post a Comment